If you are planning a holiday or a trip with your family then you may find it easier to take out a specific insurance policy that covers the whole party. Travelling with children can be particularly stressful—they may get ill or hurt themselves and need to see a doctor, for example—so taking out the right kind of insurance coverage will at least give you peace of mind.
Don’t assume that taking out a policy for the whole family will work out more expensive than buying single ones; it’s perfectly possible to find cheap family travel insurance. And, as you will see when you look at family travel insurance quotes, there really is a cost benefit of buying family travel insurance coverage for everyone at once.
So, what should you look out for when you are getting family travel insurance quotes to help you find cheap family travel insurance?
The dos and don’ts of buying a family travel insurance policy:
- Do check for child discounts: The majority of family travel insurance policies will give some discount for children. For example, you may not have to pay for coverage for children under a certain age; you might be given 50% off for your kids; or, you may get a percentage discount for every child you insure.
- Don’t forget to cover everyone: Not all family travel insurance policies will cover the same number of people. Some will impose limits on the number that can be insured on any one policy. So, for example, a policy may be limited to two adults and two children or it may cover two adults and up to four children. Some won’t put any limit on the number of children that travel. So, make sure to apply for cheap family travel insurance that covers everyone!
- Do ask for single parent costs: Whether you are a single parent or simply want to take the kids away while your partner does something else, you should also take a look at family travel insurance quotes that are specially designed to cover a single parent/adult. They may work out cheaper than standard policies.
- Don’t get the wrong kind of coverage: Think about how many holidays and/or trips you’ll be making in the course of the year before you buy a family travel insurance policy. If you will be making more than one trip as a family then it may be cheaper for you to take out an annual trip policy rather than one that covers you for just one holiday.
- Do be ageist: Some insurance policies that deal with more than one person such as this will work out their costs based on the age of the person who is named as the primary insured party. So, check to see if the youngest adult could be listed here as this could cut down on the cost of your family travel insurance policy.
- Don’t forget to look for savings: You can save money on any cheap family travel insurance policy by:
- shopping around;
- buying online;
- buying from an insurer with whom you already hold a policy.
You may find that you buy family travel insurance that is specially designed for this purpose or a standard policy that includes family coverage and that will also work as a cheap family travel insurance option. In either case, make sure to get plenty of family travel insurance quotes; this is the route to cheap family travel insurance. It’s also important to think about the levels of coverage and protection you will need from a family travel insurance policy, so give this some thought as well before you choose the winner from your family travel insurance quotes!
Compare insurance providers